Pregnancy Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Rachel's ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

My First Class at HCC!

Last night was great! I was nervous (of course). I was planning on getting there about 30-45 minutes early, but things didn't work out as planned and it was pouring when I decided to leave. I still managed to get there 15 minutes early and ended up talking to a coworker and lost track of the time. Matt always said that college teachers always walk in after the rest of the class and I said that I liked to be early. Well, it turns out I did walk in a few minutes late after most of the class. I would say there was about 27 students and all were nicely seated and waiting for me to begin. What a nice change from having to tell high school students like 4 times to be quiet. I took attendance, botched many names, went over the syllabus, took a 10 minute break, taught 2 sections, and got out 20 minutes early. How awesome is that! I don't plan on being out early all the time, but it was nice at least this once. My students asked questions and were actually concerned about getting things right in the class and understanding what was expected of them. Maybe they should make all students pay for their education. Hhhmm....just a thought. One of my friends from church is teaching in my room right after me, so it is nice to see people I know. The other teachers at HCC are really helpful and I think this is going to work out great for our family! Can you tell I loved it? I went to my parent's house to pick up Rachel and then just decided to stay for Bible study since Matt was out working anyways. That was nice and then my Mom and I just hung out and talked. I hope Rachel and I can be great friends when she is older. Matt is about the same. His life isn't as exciting as mine I guess. He pretty much does the same thing each day: go to work, sometimes come home, get called out to go back to work. He does rest and it is always his choice if he wants to work or not. We are trying to finish paying off my car, so that is his incentive right now to work a lot. Plus, there are many storms and circuits for him to fix. I am starting a class at church this evening called "Growing Kids God's Way" and Lauren is doing it with me. I am looking forward to it because I haven't done any classes at church yet and they are always very popular. This class is mainly on discipline (I think) but also has other parenting principles. So, my Tuesdays through Thursdays are full and I will hopefully be tutoring a few hours a week too. We are sooooo blessed. Here is one of our blessings:

Her first taste of rice cereal mush/soup.


Maybe she liked it so much that she was licking/sucking the drippings off her arm.

Rachel and Uncle Michael watching racing on TV.

One of her first times in an exersaucer. This one is technically mine, but I let my parents have it for Hannah and Kate to use at their house. Now that Rachel is big enough, I think I will be getting it back.

What a cutie!


Rachel was helping Uncle Michael blow out it birthday candles!

No comments:

Post a Comment