Pregnancy Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Rachel's ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, September 28, 2009

Going on 9 months...

Well, that is only in clothing. Yes, Rachel fits very well into a Carter's 9 month outfit. Some of her other brands are still fitting at 6 months. In general, I think she will be ahead one size. She is still cute as can be. Nothing too much is going on here with us. Matt is going back to the Plant City yard he was working from before Rachel was born. He will also be back on his normal 7:30 - 4:00 shift 5 days a week. That should work out good for us right now because he will be home in time to watch Rachel so I won't be having to drop her off. (Don't take that as a guarantee Lauren). I have been practicing with her a lot lately on her tummy and rolling over. What reward do I get for all of my hard work? Nothing on the rolling over front. She is getting stronger in her upper body and torso. If she is on her back and I roll her leg over for her and hold it, she can get her upper body flipped by herself. As far as tummy to back, I seriously thought she was going to do it today. She had her arm under her and was leaning the right way. If she had given a little push off, it would have happened. She tempted me like this about 10 times, but never rolled over. She is just going to take her sweet little time. Rachel got peas for the first time this week. Yummy or not? She ate them, maybe not as readily as some of her other foods, but she ate them. She is still swaddler free (yea) and I am washing up the last one to give back to Lauren. Have I mentioned that she can drink from a sippy cup? Well, she can take a few sips. I have water in it and I think the cold water kind of takes her by surprise when it comes out so most of the time it dribbles down her chin, along with everything else. She is starting to decrease the amount she eats in the morning bottle. I put about 7 oz in there and she ends up drinking only about 5.5 or 6 oz. I know this is supposed to happen because of the increase of solids, so I am not worried. She is growing so fast, but wears the chub well. My brother, Michael, is going back home to Chicago this week and boy are we bummed. However, it is for the best for him so Matt, Rachel, and I will sadly say good-bye and thank him for all of the times he has watched Rachel for us. We have loved spending so much time with you over the past few months.





Mika just had to get right by her on the nice, soft blanket.








Have I mentioned that she likes her feet now and has realized they exist? She really gets a kick out of them on the changing table. I don't know if she has the flexibility to get them in her mouth because she hasn't really tried to get them up there by her mouth at all.











We have been practicing sitting up too, but still really needs support. She does much better sitting on our bed than on the floor.

1 comment:

  1. She is growing so much!! I love all the new pics! Such a cutie!!
    The way she is about rolling over reminds me of how Ella was about crawling. We would try everything to get that girl to move, but she was completely happy to just sit there. She finally crawled at 10 months old (really almost 11) and then walked two months later after her Birthday. I guess they all just move at their own pace.

    ReplyDelete