Pregnancy Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Rachel's ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, October 21, 2011

Busch Gardens & Bok Tower

Lauren and I took the girls to Busch Gardens last week when it was still hot and they could go in the water area. They are now tall enough to ride the little log flume and probably some others around the park.







The next day, my parents and I took Rachel to Bok Gardens for their Octoberfest. They were offering free admission and we had never seen this past so crowded. They had many plant and local vendors set up and we got a few things. Mom and Dad got Rachel's face painted like a butterfly. She sat pretty still and thought it was so cool, especially when she got to look in the mirror. We brought some bread to feed the big fish and ate some yummy, greasy food!














I had been struggling a little with potty training because she just wouldn't tell me when she needed to go, so I was making all the effort. My parents said that we could let her pick out some big girl panties after Bok Garden and I kept reminding her that if she didn't go in her diaper we would pick some out. I took her often, but she kept the diaper dry. She picked out a package of Minnie & Daisy and a package of Dora. She immediately stripped off her diaper and pants and wanted to wear them. She did okay in them, but still had many accidents, even the next day at church. I really worked with her on Monday and Tuesday about keeping her panties clean and dry and I think she is finally getting it. I am nervous to let her wear them at church again or when I am dropping her off, but she has been telling us when she needs to go or if you ask her, she will actually say yes. We had accidents yesterday or today (so far) and she even told the ladies at the gym she needed to go potty! I was one happy mama when they told me that. She has no accidents at naptime, but we are a long ways from getting out of diapers at night. Overall, she has made great progress this week and I am so proud of her. Can't you tell?

I got this scooter for her at a garage sale for $3. We have been keeping it on the front porch, but when the wall texture people came to do some work, we brought it inside. They texturing the front porch ceiling, some spots in the house and both bathrooms! I was able to paint both bathrooms, hang the towel bars, toilet paper holders, and decorations and Matt put in our toilet! He is supposed to tile the shower this Monday, so I will put some pictures of the progress next week. It is looking really great!





No comments:

Post a Comment