Pregnancy Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Rachel's ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

New Things For All!

I mentioned that when we were in Downtown Disney that we all helped pick out Mr. Potato Head accessories. We showed Rachel what to do and she enjoys creating her own character (even if the nose is in the ear spot, etc). She also does a good job of cleaning up all the little pieces. We got her some Mickey and friends tub toys, but she doesn't know they are supposed to go in the tub and the plastic case those came in work perfect for the potato head parts. Matt even got in some Darth Vader pieces.




I hung these sconces last week and Rachel wanted to pose in the picture.

Here are her new toys and she loves them very much. She recently putting them in her stacking cups and carrying them around like that.

I put on the knobs and drawer pulls in both bathrooms, which was very nice to have them in place instead of taking up drawer space. I really like the way they turned out and got a great price for them on Amazon. Matt has to change out the bottom drawer front, which is why there is no handle yet. Matt and DJ worked very hard for one very long day to put in the floor. It is travertine and the pattern they did looks great. I love the marble squares and we got it grouted and then resealed a few days ago. I think it turned out wonderful and am really pleased with it. Matt is going to retexture the walls on Friday and if that doesn't look good, I am hiring someone.




I am so close to getting Rachel's room done. I got some valances off Amazon and weren't really sure if they would match, but I got them up and really like them. The only thing left is the stupid door and trim that we have to stain. We tried one and it looked AWFUL, so we got some advice and have not tried it again. I am really not looking forward to it. I did however buy a two step stool for Rachel from IKEA and stained that this weekend. It turned out great. Why can't the doors be that easy?


We are almost to our midterms at school and it is going great so far. As usual, my students are wonderful and I enjoy teaching them. I have been very good about getting to the gym at least 3 times a week and even got Lauren to join. I like having workout buddies. Matt is taking some computer class after work for only this week and is learning something about binary codes. I am not sure how this plays into his job at Verizon, but maybe for future things? We are doing well and Rachel keeps asking to see Mickey again. I keep telling her that we will go back, but not soon. We do plan on going back with Lauren and George and the girls in December. That is it for now.

This video is from the timeshare we stayed at. It had two great water areas to play in and I wanted Rachel to get dumped on by the water bucket. The water was very cold (according to Matt) and Rachel didn't want to do it again. She still asks about the water bucket though.

No comments:

Post a Comment