Pregnancy Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Rachel's ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

A Very Busy Christmas!

Matt, Rachel, and I went to Christmas Eve service with my parents at their church. So, we decided not to go to our church on Christmas morning. We got up at our normal time of 7:45 and Rachel had no idea that she was going to get to open presents. We ate breakfast like normal, she watched some Dora and I got a shower. It was great not to be rushed by a child begging to open gifts. Next year might be different though. Since I already spent a great deal of money on her swingset, she wasn't getting anything else fantastic from us. I got her things she needed like more durable panties and bubble bath. I also got her a $2 VeggieTales movie. I am not a big gift person, but Matt just seems to love to buy me a present, so he got us tickets to The Band Perry's concert at the Strawberry Festival in March. Thankfully, it is on a Wednesday night, so I won't be teaching. I really like this group and we should have a lot of fun that evening. Around 11:00, we headed to my parent's house for lunch and more presents/chaos with the Lantz family too. As always, lunch was delicious and present opening was chaotic. The girls had a lot of fun and all of the adults were exhausted afterwards. We came home and got Rachel a nap before heading over to Matt's parent's house for celebrating Nana's birthday (yes, it is actually on Christmas). Rachel received more presents from the Rhine side of the family and lots of attention. We have been spending a lot of time with family the past week and I have been kind of lazy around the house. Today, I opened and put away all of the gifts we got and have started picking up the house. Thankfully, it is raining so I am not tempted to do anything outside. I have two more weeks of freedom from work before starting up another semester. We are also looking at another potential rental property and Matt is starting some classes with work soon. The new year is sounding busy already, but I think there are great things in store for our family!



Chilling out on Christmas morning with her new Minnie Mouse pillow pal and blanket
her new tea set from Great Grandma


Kate


Reagan is excited about her new toys!


Her new princess slippers from Nana.


Leftovers of the M&M's in her stocking

Rachel got a Belle doll and dress up costume from the Lantz's. She had been proudly wearing the whole day.

No comments:

Post a Comment