Pregnancy Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Rachel's ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Randomness

 As you can see the 3 remaining chickens have gotten pretty big. Matt and I are expecting some eggs towards the end of the month. Rachel is very excited about the possibility of collecting eggs and I told her we would buy her a special basket for this chore. She requested purple.

We had nothing to do today after the gym, so Rachel and I played in the sprinkler. The sun was intense, so we took a break and ate lunch on the front porch and then played a little bit more. We have been swimming at Lauren's house at least twice a week and really enjoying their pool. Rachel does not understand the concept of holding her breath, but she will jump from a few feet up (using her floatie) and doesn't mind going under a little. She has great fun!
She is pretending to walk on a balance beam.





 My next prjoect is the baby's room. This is what it currently looks like. I finally decided that I am going to decorate it similar to what I did for Rachel's nursery. I am going to stain a chair rail and new baseboards/casing, and put stripes on the bottom part of the wall and have a solid color on the top. There is a small built in bookshelf that we are going to redo and maybe make that space into something that looks more like furniture that could hold some canvas bins. We are open to ideas if anyone has any.


I did pretty much finish the guest room. I love the way it turned out and the only thing it could really use is maybe one or two more wall decorations. I was so excited to find the foam for the window seat on sale at the same time as my fabric, so that didn't end up costing me as much as I thought it would. Matt and I put it together last night and I like the way it turned out. I think that perhaps next year, Rachel will get one for her room. I redid the closet and added more shelving to fit out needs. It looks packed (and it pretty much is), but I can still walk into it and see where everything is.



Since I am blogging again with pictures, that means Matt and I bought a new camera. Since our broken one was about 5 years old, we were told it really wasn't worth fixing. We also just didn't use most of the features on it and wanted something smaller and thinner. We went up to Best Buy last night and picked one out in about 5 minutes. It has one picture-taking option and that seems to take good pictures for me. I am happy to have it before our upcoming vacation (which we are just counting down the days to). Rachel keeps telling me and Matt how much she misses her Daddy, so I am reminding her that he doesn't have to go to work while we are in South Carolina. She doesn't quite get it, but I think she will once we start driving. The beach for a week with family sounds so fantastic! That will pretty much finish out our vacations for this year, but I am still wanting to go back to the place in Orlando that we went to last year. I don't want to do Disney or anything, but just get away, hit the outlet malls (after people are back in school), play in the awesome water park, and go to Downtown Disney. I would like to do that in September, but cannot book anything yet.

Matt just had his 30th birthday and we had a small get-together at our house. He hasn't been working late too much the past few weeks, but tonight he will be out a little late. Rachel is full of fun and imagination these days. She is getting into pretending and making all sorts of things with her Play-doh. While I was typing this, she made a little ball (her baby), a pillow, blanket, and cradle. Then she put the put the baby and pillow in the cradle and covered it with the blanket. Too cute! The other little one is doing just fine and kicks and moves a lot when I am laying down. My belly is getting bigger and I am sure it will make an appearance in one of our vacation pictures so you can see it. In general, babies are around 11 inches and just over a pound at this point. For a few weeks now, you can see the baby kick from the outside and Rachel has felt the baby move too. She gets impatient though, so unless it kicks quickly, she won't wait around for it. I am definitely feeling a bit more tired, but I don't know if it is just the heat. I am starting to get winded going up the stairs, but otherwise, I am feeling pretty good. That is all for now and the next post will be vacation stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment