Pregnancy Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Rachel's ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, October 12, 2009

What a Big Girl!

Where has the week gone? My last post was about gardening and Matt and I are still admiring the new plants. They look great! Now, some of my other periwinkle that I trimmed are dead. I don't know if they are diseased or I cut them too short or what the deal is, but I am just rooting some clippings and will replace them. Rachel has changed a lot in the past few weeks. I didn't really notice it while she was going through this change, but looking back on it, my Mom and I can really see the difference. She is just talking all the time, happy as can be, sitting up really well unsupported and just seems so much more grown up (as much as she could be). Yesterday, she got a total of maybe 2 hours of naptime and was pretty happy the whole day. I couldn't believe it. She is a pro at rolling over from tummy to back, but not yet doing the other way. I still work on it with her and the only help she needs is getting her leg up and over just a little. Otherwise, she can immediately do the rest. I think she is just being lazy. Aunt Lauren said she can do it 95% of the way. I think that is good enough! She has been getting really heavy in that carseat of hers. Toting it around it a back breaker and I have been thinking about putting her in the big girl carseat soon. I kept asking myself what is stopping me and then I realized how would I go grocery shopping because I didn't think she could sit well enough to ride in the front. Well, after sit and playing for minutes by herself yesterday, I thought she might be ready for her first trip in the Publix shopping cart. I was so excited because normally she takes up all of the room in the cart, not my food. Publix is nice because they have the sanitizing wipes that you can wipe off everything first. So, as a good mommy, I did that and then put Rachel in. She sat so well and loved the view. She didn't have any problems staying upright or falling to the side. She like to chew on my purse strap and then found the metal bar in front of her. Good thing I had wiped it off. She got bored with it pretty quick though. I made her some more baby food this week: green beans and peas. The beans came out more like a relish consistency which she really didn't care for much, but the peas, she loved. I have lots of bananas that were given to me, so I need to mash and freeze them before they go bad. She also went to the doctor today for her 6 month checkup. Her are her stats:

Weight: 17 lbs, 4 oz (75th percentile)
Height: 27.25 inches (90th percentile)
Head Circumference: 16.75 inches

She gained one ounce under two pounds and grew 2.5 inches. She must have had some crazy growth spurt. However, I have never known when she goes through them, so who knows when it happened. She also got three shots and of course, she cried, but as soon as she got picked up, her whine turned to her little form of babbling. She went down for a nap right when we got home and it currently sleeping very soundly. The doctor said I can start giving her yogurt and pretty much anything except the normal off limits foods. I just have to make sure they are mushy and can dissolve easily. So, Cheerios, puffs, and yogurt, here we come!!





You might wonder what Rachel is doing in the picture. This is our family room that we don't use much. Baby Einstein is playing on the TV, but she is more interested in her foot. Side note: she got her foot in her mouth for the first time this week!

But now she realized she can do both!







Well, one of them looks like they got a good night's sleep. The other one's eyes look a little rough (maybe like they are getting closer to 30).

Ahhh, that is better. Daddy and Rachel hanging out before church.
If anyone cares about what Matt and I have been up to recently, the answer is a lot, but nothing really interesting. I picked up another tutoring job, but haven't started yet. I am not sure if it will be a weekly thing or just on an as needed basis. We are almost at the midterm for HCC and I am look forward to winter break (almost a month long). We had a friend return home from overseas and a few people from our Sunday School class went boating and jet skiing on Saturday. We headed down around 3:30 (so after the heat of the day) and just laid on the boat for hours. It was great! A nice breeze, no bugs, and just a lot of laughter! Lauren was so nice and watched Rachel for us. Matt picked up another remodeling job this week and will be working on it during his non-Verizon hours for a few weeks. Hopefully it won't take too long and we will get him back quickly. Matt and I stopped going to the class Growing Kids God's Way that we were doing up at church. Rachel is too young to apply the information. So, I decided to go to a different class. Guess who is leading the class? Dave Ramsey. Well not in person, but we watch videos of his speaking events and last week's was great! I love this guy! I plan on going to that each week now, whether Matt goes or not. I have some friends who help lead it so at least I know a few people. This has turned really long, so I will stop.

3 comments:

  1. Chewing on the grocery cart handle? EWWWW...gross! You need a cover for that.

    Congratulations Rachel on weighing more than Hannah. You may be bigger than her, but she's still faster. Enjoy your puffs and yogurt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wiped it off with a santizer wipe. They are expensive and that is just one more thing to lug to the store. If I find one at the garage sale, I might think about it. She thought I was crazy for sticking a puff in her mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Check the consignments store for a cover.

    ReplyDelete