Pregnancy Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Rachel's ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Rachel's Doctor Appointment

All is well with the little one, except for the fact that she cannot crawl, cruise, or pull up on anything. If she doesn't start doing those within 6 weeks, we have to go back to the doctor for a checkup. Everything else is just fine. No ear infection, didn't seem concerned about the runny nose. Here are the stats:

Weight: 20 lbs 4 oz (80th percentile)
Height: 29 inches (90th percentile)
Head Circumference: 17.5 in (55th percentile)

I have been debating on switching her to the big girl carseat and decided that I should wait until after this appointment to see how tall she is. She has one more inch before I should switch. I think I might wait a few more weeks because there are still times where I like keeping her in the carseat for quick trips to the grocery store and such. The last time I mentioned giving her cow's milk. I started noticing her bottom getting red the next day and linked it to the milk. The only reason I linked it so quickly is because Kate got a bad diaper rash from switching to cow's milk. So, I stopped and it has gone away. I think I will try again in a few more weeks.

I am starting school tonight. On the last post, I mentioned a few things that I needed to get done in preparation. Well, I haven't gotten 2 out of the 3 done. I probably would have, but the files I need to access are in a different version of Word than the one we have at home, so I can't view them from home. I think I will just go in early today and plan before class.

On a better note, I have made a new resolve to lose weight and get back in the gym regularly after working out for 2 hours on Saturday and feeling great afterwards. I went clothes shopping on Sunday with a friend (Jill) and was very unhappy after spending 2.5 hours and buying 3 shirts. Ugh...So, I am getting serious. Don't offer me desserts...Please... I also have a new workout buddy Jill and am happy to have someone to go with in the evenings. On the nights I teach, I am going to try to go in the mornings (hopefully with Katie and her baby arrives!)

The Christmas tree bonfire was a great success and I did get some video and pictures, but Matt took the camera somewhere and I don't know what he did with it. Therefore, this post will have no pictures. If you are upset, blame Matt.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Time is flying so fast!! I can't believe she is 9 months old already. Yikes, that means Noah is 7 months now! They really grow so fast!
    I know I've told you before, but I was just remembering back to Ella's 9 month appointment and having the same talk from our doctor about Ella's lack of movement. She was a full 10 months (almost 11) when she finally figured out that she could actually go somewhere. I already have to remind myself that again now that Noah's little buddies are crawling everywhere..and he has NO interest! They are all different, but if you watched Ella running around with her classmates, you could never tell who learned to crawl or walk first :))

    ReplyDelete