Pregnancy Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Rachel's ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, January 25, 2010

What a Weekend!

Many, many months ago, I talked about Katie and I making letters for Rachel's room. Well, about 8-9 months later, they are finally on the wall. I had originally put them up with sticky-tac, but I think due to the walls being plaster and the humidity, I would find another letter had fallen each day. So, I took them all down and decided they would just have to be nailed up there. I also found some wood picture frames at Wal-mart for $3 a piece. I bought them and spray painted them white and put some of our pictures from Sears in them. Her room doesn't look so bare now.
I kept joking that by the time I actually got around to hanging up her name, there would be a different name to hang on the wall for our next kid. So happy to have that done.


Standing and playing at her Leap Frog table.




Rachel is getting really good at putting food in her mouth, especially Cheerios! Out of about 20 or so Cheerios, she only missed 2 times. Woohoo!


There is little progress on the crawling front, but as you can see, she can get on her knees. Another weird thing she does it actually get up on her hands and toes, as if she is going to do a push-up. She is very interested in getting things that are out of her reach and will go forward from a sitting position as if she is going to crawl to them. However, it usually ends in a nose dive. She is rolling around a lot more and is rarely in the same spot that I leave her in.


If you didn't hear, I started feeling bad on Thursday night during class. I went to my normal doctor on Friday with just some sinus stuff. Took an Allegra on Friday and woke up Saturday morning with a swollen upper lip. I went to my parent's house to get ready for the garage sale and had a somewhat high fever the whole day. My face kept getting bigger around my nose. I finally went home around 5, planning to go to the walk-in clinic instead of church the next day. I was laying around miserable and checked out the hours to the clinic and saw they were open until 8. I was miserable enough that I went that instant. Matt took me and fortunately, there was only one other person in the waiting room. I was very embarassed at how I looked. They took some blood to check for a staph infection and it turns out I have cellulitis, and of course, it had to be on my face. Ugh. I was given a prescription for 2 antibiotics, 1 steriod, and an ointment for my nose. I picked them up as soon as I could so I could start feeling better quickly. My wonderful mother-in-law told me I could also take my leftover pain killers from having Rachel and those things have been the BEST. Early Sunday morning, my fever broke and I was feeling a lot better, minus the huge face. It is getting smaller, but not as fast I would like. The swelling puts a lot of pressure on my upper teeth and gums, making it really painful. I am going back to school tomorrow, so hopefully it will go down ever more. (Matt did take two pictures of my face, but they will not be appearing on the blog)
Matt has been working on the house next door some more. He somehow managed to recruit some friends to help him paint and tear down wallpaper. We have good friends! The sale should be finalized in a few weeks and up for rent a little bit after that.

3 comments:

  1. We want pictures!!! haha! I'm sure I'll get to see them. Matt told everyone in Sunday school that you looked like a Who from the Grinch. Matt & his sensitivity! I miss my Rachel, too! I'm sure I'll see plenty of you this week though with trying to do garage sale stuff! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Sarah, how did you get that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Krista, apparently I have a little cut/sore in my nose and bacteria live on your skin normally. Since I had a cut, I guess the bacteria got it infected. However, it doesn't happen everytime we get a cut/sore, so I don't know. They say it usually isn't contagious.

    ReplyDelete