Pregnancy Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Rachel's ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 25, 2010

We Did It!

Katie and I headed to Lowry Park Zoo this morning at 6:30 for our 5k run. We registered and then stood and walked around making fun of some of the old men who were going to beat us. We finally started the run and the first mile was pretty easy. It took us by the river (I don't know which one) and back through the parking lot. The second mile was very long and twisted and turned through the zoo and by the animals. The third mile was rough and took us backwards through the course of the first mile. I was starting to want to walk, but my brain just kept me pushing on. I felt like I was going to pass out a little, but kept telling myself that I could run the whole thing. Knowing it was 3.1 miles, when I saw the sign for mile 3 done, I sprinted the last tenth. I have no idea what my time was, but guessing based on Katie's time that it was around 33 or 34 minutes. I am very proud of myself for running 3.1 miles straight with no breaks because I have never run that much, even before I had Rachel. We had a good time and will probably sign up for another. This is the only picture we got and we had to use the camera timer to get it. We are official runners!

No comments:

Post a Comment