Pregnancy Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Rachel's ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, April 16, 2012

I am a slacker - get used to it

I have been feeling pretty crummy most of the time, so blogging is just not on the priority list. When I do feel like doing anything, my household chores take the top of the list. My nausea has gotten worse and sleeping is the only thing that seems to help. Needless to say, I take quite a few naps and get plenty of rest at night. I only have 5 more classes this semester and then will be off until next January! I am really excited about that extended break. I had a OB appointment last Friday and everything was normal. I had lost about a pound, but I did hear the heartbeat for a few seconds. It was very elusive, but we heard it. I have my 12 week ultrasound this Friday and some bloodwork that tests for genetic abnormalities. Lauren has been wonderful about watching Rachel, but I suppose I did this for her, so what else can she do but kindly repay the favor.

Rachel also turned 3 since the last blog post. I am terrible and took no pictures as I was rather busy. We had an ice cream bar with lots of different toppings and just some small appetizers. Nothing crazy and very easy on me. I tried to keep the party small, but it turns out that it is impossible even with inviting just family and close friends. Oh well, at least we have a bigger house and yard to accommodate. She got a lot of great presents, but lost interest in opening them after she received bubbles.

One of Rachel's new nightgowns!

Very unlike us, we decided to pay someone to do a home project: painting the exterior of the house. It was a big job that neither one of us wanted to participate in, but we kept the delusion up that we were going to do it to save the money. Well, the roof became more pressing and we wanted the painting done before the roof, so we started getting quotes and ended up hiring a contractor friend from church. They did a great job and we are so happy with the huge change from a blue to tan house. It was done in a week and worth the money spent. So that got Matt thinking about whether he wanted to do the roof or hire someone. He started getting quotes and after a lot of back and forth thinking with himself, he decided with a roofing company. They have been working all day today and I think will pretty much get everything done except the shingles. So we have spent a lot of money this month and Matt is really praying for overtime. Thankfully, we are not going into debt to do these things and we are very blessed for that. Here is what the house used to look like: The blue was more awful looking than this picture shows.








Matt finished building the chicken coop or as he calls it, the McMansion. It looks nice and he did a great job. He initially bought 4 baby chickens and Rachel fell in love immediately. They are her little pets/objects of obsession. She is constantly asking about them, loves to be outside with them, etc. Two days ago, Matt bought two more chicks that are in the pictures. We now have 2 Rhode Island Reds, 2 yellow (I forget the name), 1 Americana (the brown one), and 1 Plymouth Rock Bard (the black one). Apparently the Americana will produce blue and green eggs while the others give brown. They are all in the coop and I really glad they are out of the laundry room and back porch. They poop a lot.




While I have been laying around on the couch a lot, Matt has been great with keeping Rachel off of me. Last night, they made a pizza together and put an R on it for Rachel. It looks like they had a good time.




No comments:

Post a Comment