Pregnancy Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Rachel's ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Progress with the Nursery!

 Rachel has thoroughly enjoyed playing with all of the real baby things (swing, bouncy seat, etc.) and I find all kinds of dolls and stuffed animals strapped in. My pile of things in our room has greatly decreased because I got the closet done and much of it could go on the shelving.
 Rachel likes to play on her swing set, but it is so hot that we don't do it often. Plus, we both are loved by the mosquitoes at any time during the day. She likes to swing on her belly and took a nice front dive off the front soon after this picture was taken. She was crying a lot and I thought it just scared her. Turns out she had grass and dirt all in her teeth and on her face. We went inside to clean up and didn't make it back out.



 We have been swimming at Lauren's quite a bit this summer and we have done a few pool parties with other friends too. The three of them were impossible to get into a decent picture together.


 I finished painting the nursery and decided to go with something a little different than last time. Between measuring, taping, and painting, the stripes took me about 8 hours total. After I looked at the stripes, I decided that the color I was planning on using from the other room was not going to match, so I drug my Mom with me to Home Depot to pick out  a new color. I sanded the window sill and restained it because Rachel decided to take a screwdriver to it and mark it all up. I have a few decorations I plan on making and of course, once we know who will be sleeping in this room, I will put up a name.


 I am very pleased with the extra storage space the closet now provides as all of this baby stuff certainly takes up a lot of room.
 This is my stash of diapers I have been working on from even before I was pregnant. While this may look  like a lot, I am sure it isn't even half of what I will need.
Matt has been very busy with Verizon and the extra rehab job, but they will hopefully be done with that this weekend and then I can start putting him to work around here. I am still going to the gym 3 times a week and feeling pretty good while exercising. I went to the doctor last week for my glucose test and check-up. Since I did not hear back from them, that means I passed the glucose test (which I was worried about since I failed the first one with Rachel) and everything else was great. I go back in one week for another check-up and Aunt Lauren gets Rachel a little more often as I start seeing the Dr every two weeks now. We have Bible study every Sunday night, which has been really great. We moved it from Thursdays so that I could be a part of it when I go back to work and it just seems easier for everyone. A couple from our Sunday School class come and they have two little boys around Rachel's age. So, she has made some new boy friends and just loves having them over each week. Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment