Pregnancy Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Rachel's ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Just an Update

 Here are some small updates to the nursery. This bookshelf has given us A LOT of problems and required a few trips back to Home Depot to pick up more stuff more me to stain. Ahhh...I still have some molding to stain that will go in the back corners (to cover that gap) and then we need to order some glass shelves for the top. I will have to touch up some exposed ends with stain and then put stuff in it! I like the way it turned out, but it has been a pain. It took Matt all Sunday afternoon to put that little light in and rewire the fan/light switch to accommodate the new light. I helped a little, but at least didn't have to go in the attic.

 I got this white shelf at IKEA a month or so ago and we finally got it up. It is a little to plain/modern for my taste as it is, so we bought some crown molding to go under it and give it more of a traditional look. Clearly, crown molding is not one of Matt's favorites either as we had trouble getting the cuts right. So, we are thinking of putting up some corbels and then the crown in between that. I go to HD to pick some up today and had no idea that they run close to $40 each. So, I have no at the moment and my hope of getting this shelf done quickly went down the drain. However, at least the shelf is up and not in my foyer anymore.

 Here is Rachel, just as silly as ever. Why is she wearing those hot pajamas? Because this girl found her stash of winter clothes and thinks her footed pjs are the BEST. She loves wearing them and doesn't seem bothered by how warm it is. I make her take them off for nap and bedtime, but trying on different pairs keeps her busy for a long time.


One of my latest sewing projects was a new doll stroller cover. Her old one had been sat in way too much and was ripping everywhere. I found a tutorial on someone's blog and made it out some old bean bag fabric I had. It was pretty easy and I only had a few redo spots on it. I had fun and she was excited to have a new cover. I also made some table clothes for our card tables that we use for Bible study each week. I know I could have bought one, but those fabrics are not as cute and bright as I wanted. So I spent about $13 on each one and very little time and I really like my new table clothes. They will be used every week, so I am happy.

Matt's overtime has slowed quite a bit (much to his dismay) and he is done with the other house. I feel as busy as ever trying to keep up with my chores, gym, appointments, and having fun. Rachel used some swim floaties that go on her arms a few days ago and really liked them. Normally, she hangs out in the inner tube floatie, but I want her to get the hang of moving her arms and kicking her legs. She did great and was jumping in from the ledge like a pro. She doesn't mind going under the water and was very happy wearing them. On Labor Day, Matt took them off to see how she would do and she swam to him (very short distances) a few times. She calls them her swimming lessons. If it doesn't rain this afternoon, I will take her swimming again after my doctor's appointment. Poor Lauren, she must be getting tired of us using her pool all the time. We really appreciate it! As far as the baby goes, it moves a lot on my lower right side and I feel like I am constantly nudging it over. My belly feels huge, but I suppose it will only get bigger as I still have close to 8 weeks left. I am really hoping for an early baby since Rachel was early too. I am feeling pretty good, getting winded easier, and I noticed my feet were a little puffy after mowing the lawn today. I have been getting leg cramps about once a week at night, but all in all, I have been feeling good and just excited and anxious to meet this little one. Rachel now knows the two possible names for the baby (Lily or Evan), but she always refers to the baby as Lily. She is very sure she is having a sister and always asks what Lily is doing. I hope she isn't disappointed if the baby is a boy. I keep trying to remind her that it could be a boy, but I too think it is another girl. Sorry it was so long between posts and I will try to do a little better next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment