Pregnancy Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Rachel's ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, May 4, 2009

Mom is well rested!

Rachel is four weeks old today. The time has gone by quickly, but I sure am enjoying being a mom. We celebrated a friend's birthday last night so my parents watched her. She got her last bottle around 10:30, which was right before we picked her up. She was asleep already. I officially put her to bed at 11:30 and then went to sleep. She usually wakes around 3 or 3:30 in the morning for her feeding, but not last night. She made it all the way until 5:30. As soon as I saw the clock, I started calculating the hours she had been asleep and not disturbed me. 7 hours between feedings! I was so happy. She ate quickly and then went back to sleep until 10 am. This is the most rested I have felt in four weeks. Praise God!. He must have known I needed it after Sunday, which she did not sleep well and then off to church and a busy day.

Rachel is definitely spending more time awake, so I am trying to get in tummy time and play time (as much play as she does at this age). She also gets to meet her other grandparents this weekend! Matt's parents and Nana are flying in Thursday and staying until Tuesday. We are very excited for them to meet and spend time with her. With Mother's Day coming up and baby dedication at church, we have a busy weekend planned. I will put pictures of all of that next week.

Apparently tummy is exhausting for both of them.
She really is trying to get her head up.

She did actually touch the toy a few times during "play time"
Any advice on how I can turn this picture. On my computer, it is saved horizontally, but when I uploaded it, it got turned.

1 comment:

  1. Did you try to delete the picture and upload it again? Cute pictures! It looks like you are having fun being a mommy!

    ReplyDelete