Pregnancy Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Rachel's ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, May 29, 2009

Update


Well, I feel that it has been awhile since I posted on our life. So, this is what has been gonig on. Last Friday, my parents watched Rachel over night and we went on a date. Matt was off during the day and he has been wanting us to gets bikes for a long time. He looked on Craigs list and found one about 10 minutes away. He came home with a bike. The only thing wrong was that he needed someone to ride with. We went to a local bike store and found a really nice one for me that if comfortable. We bought it and an hour later, I tested it out to make sure the height was a good fit. I was so excited that I rode it home (it was only about 1.5 miles maybe). We dropped Rachel off and then rode our bikes to a nearby restaurant to eat. We had so much fun and the wind felt great in our faces. The next morning, we went to a bike trail a little north of us and rode on that for about an hour. We came back to town and joined the YMCA (I did my first class yesterday and made it through the whole thing! I am sore today though, but it feels great!). I had been missing my gym membership to Lifestyles, but that was not going to be the cheapest for all of us and with the Y, we get a pool! After that, we rode to Baylife Church where they were having a local car show. We met up with a coworker of Matt's and saw some neat cars. Our date was very fun and I am looking forward to taking Rachel with us on our bike rides as soon as she is old enough. On Sunday, we over to Orlando to meet Katie and Josiah. We had a very eventful evening at the Olive Garden (rain, vomit, crying, lost room keys, forgotten gift cards, three kids) and then Katie and I rented a chic flick and munched on some Oreos while the guys went on a "date". We hung out at the pool the next day, which is why Rachel has on her bathing suit. The suit is borrowed from Katie, but she does look cute in it! I didn't put her in the water because it was pretty cold and I figured she wouldn't appreciate that. Rachel is still doing well. She went through a three or four day period where she would just cry through a lot of her naps. Well, today's nap went well and the last few nights, I haven't heard a sound from her from 10:30 pm until 7:00 am. What a good baby! I have a few more smile pictures too!




She is such a model!
Hannah, Josiah, Esther, Rachel, and Matt


My new bike!
This is the actual Eleanor from the movie "Gone in 60 Seconds"

What a bum!








2 comments:

  1. I love the bathing suit! She is too cute!
    My hubby and I have been getting into the biking thing too! We have the Pinellas trail here across the bay (runs from St Pete to Tarpon Springs). We just did 27 miles a couple days ago with my sister in law. It's a lot of fun! We have every Tuesday off, so if you and Matt ever have a Tues off and would like to, we could hit the Trail together and make a day of it!
    Love,
    Donna :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree- that bathing suit is SO cute on her!!
    Randy and I ahve been wanting to get bikes for awhile now. I think it would be a fun way to get out and get some exercise.

    So glad to hear that Rachel is letting you get some sleep, too. That's awesome!! Ella was easy like that..just praying that round 2 will go as smooth. Nothing like being sleep deprived lol

    ReplyDelete