Pregnancy Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Rachel's ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Rachel has a First!

We had an eventful weekend with Matt's parents and grandma coming in town for five days. Rachel was dedicated on Mother's Day during church and then we feasted at my parent's house afterwards. She has become very gassy lately and therefore fussy sometimes. However, she seems to be the worst when other people are holding her. She is usually very good for me at home, but I think it is because I know her routine and usually what she is crying about. To combat her gas, I am going to give her gas drops with every feeding and hopefully that will help her discomfort. I noticed some redness and bumps on her cheeks and thought maybe she was getting a rash so I took her to the doctor. It turns out she has baby acne. It looks slightly irritating, but I guess it isn't. While at the doctor, she weighed in at 9 pounds 9 ounces. She also got her second Hepatitis B shot. She did a hold her breath scream while the needle was in, but once I picked her up, she was perfectly fine.
So, you are probably wondering about the title because it implies that Rachel did something for the first time...well, she can roll over now! I put her on her tummy and stepped out of the room for about 30 seconds. I come back to her being on her back. I called my Mom because I was so excited. I then tested Rachel again and she did it again! She was not happy with being on her tummy, so I think that got her squirming and moving enough to get her on her side and then roll over. However, tonight she calmly rolled over and I got it on video. So, here she is:






I love this dress, so I just had to put a picture of her in it.
Mommy & Rachel all dressed up for church. This won't happen often.


This is actually a real smile. I was just waking her up.

This is Mika's newest spot. She can still watch everything, but be out of the way.



3 comments:

  1. Yeah, Rachel! I can't believe she is already 5 weeks old. That dress does look adorable on her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU look great in your dress! And I love the glimpes of the nursery! You should make a full post with her room. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, it's Erin. I actually have pictures of you all from the dedication. I'll bring my camera on Sunday so you can download them! Rachel is so adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete