Pregnancy Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Rachel's ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving!

Well, here are some pictures from the race. Katie has most of them, especially the action shots because Matt left our camera in the car. If I know Katie, it will take her a little while to get them to me or on her blog. So, you will just have to wait for those. This me, Joy (Katie's sister-in-law), and Katie before the race. We were very happy then and looking energized.

The kids were troopers and kept the guys busy while we ran.
Rachel likes to pick her nose every now and then and I just thought it was funny.

Matt has now taught Rachel to lay in bed with him. So here they are cuddling.


The 10k over in Clearwater was not a pleasant course. It was hot, about 80 or so degrees and much of the run was in the sun. I actually got tan lines. They only provided water 3 times, but that was not enough for me since it was so hot. There were a few inclines and one good one towards mile 5. I actually saw one girl passed out on the ground with the paramedics around her right after that hill. I wonder why...The race seemed to take forever and my Nike chip wasn't calibrated to the correct distance so it was telling me I was done with the race when I had like a mile left. Ugh. I fixed that issue on Sunday. The race ended in Clearwater High School's stadium. Once I hit the track, I sprinted to the finish line. Some older guy was racing me at that point, but I beat him! My time was 1 hour and 5 minutes. I was so happy to finished with that race, but it wore me out for the rest of the day. We went to Matt's parent's house first for lunch and then went home for a nap. For dinner, we headed to my parent's house. Then, we went to Katie and Josiah's so Katie and I could do our Walgreens and CVS Black Friday shopping. Who knew that drugstores could have such great deals. We got a lot of product and made a good amount of money!

On Sunday morning, I did my 8 mile run. I was so close to the end until I encountered a big mean rottweiler. I thought that I just wouldn't make eye contact and run by. Ohhh noooo. He barked a lot at me and then I decided my legs could hold out a little longer for me to turn around and backtrack just a bit. So, that stupid dog made me run about a quarter of mile extra. My big toe has a blister on it and I am thinking I am going to have to buy some running shoes.

Rachel has a runny nose and Matt had a migraine today. However, Chuck and Lie to Me are coming on tonight so that is bound to make our night better!

No comments:

Post a Comment