Pregnancy Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Rachel's ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Great News!

So, on my last post I mentioned slowly weaning Rachel from her 10 pm feeding. Last night we had success. She went to sleep around 7:45 and I went in to get her around 7:10 this morning. She was awake, but cooing and just plain happy. When I looked over the side of the crib, she smiled at me a few times. It was a wonderful night for us. We went to the beach with some friends and their girls yesterday. That was fun and we were back by 2:00 when the weather started to look bad. I tried to keep Rachel out of the sun, so she really didn't go in the water or anything. I dipped her feet in, but that was the extent of her beach fun. She stayed in the shade provided by this tent thing we have, except one side is open. It is wonderful for staying out of the sun. I mowed the lawn this morning. I mowed only five days ago, but the grass really needs it. However, I do enjoy this chore and get out there around 8 am and sweat like crazy even then. Matt and I are doing well and just enjoy the simple life. We now don't even have TV because we never bought the digital converter box because I thought we had a way on our TV to change it over. Apparently, the only way to do that it through our remote, which the dog ate about 2 years ago. We are left to watch movies, which I am perfectly fine with until the new season of Chuck and Heroes begins. Rachel is becoming much more aware of toys and now likes her activity gym. Sometimes she will play there for about 20 minutes very happily. If only tummy time could be better. All she does it spit up when put on her tummy. I suppose someday she will learn. Here are some pictures of the little spitter just being happy!

Rachel loves when Daddy plays with her too!



















1 comment:

  1. Why do all of these pictures look familiar? A baby head with a bib. It's a shame our babies never really got to show off all of their cute clothes. Congrats on dropping the dream feed.

    ReplyDelete