Pregnancy Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Rachel's ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Backyard Visitor and Wild Hair

So, if you keep up with my sister's blog, you know that their household was sick and is now better. She mentioned that someone special to us is sick on her birthday. Well, I think it is now our turn. I have been waking up the past few mornings not feeling 100%, but not really bad. Rachel sounds like she is getting a little cough. Ugh. Unfortunately, I have been forced to skip out on the gym this week in hopes of not getting a full blown illness. Otherwise, we are doing well (except currently Rachel is screaming her little head off instead of taking a nap, but I just turned up the music a little louder on the computer to drown her out for a few minutes. What a great mom I am! I also think Rachel is done being swaddled. She got her legs out of it yesterday. She hasn't done that in a long time, so I thought maybe she was ready to be free. We tried it for a few naps and bedtime last night. She was great, so I think we will be giving the swaddlers back to their rightful owner (Aunt Lauren, most of Rachel's things are from her). I thought it would be a little tough to get her out of those, but no problem. She is still sleeping her 11-12 hours like an angel. Sometimes she sounds like she is trying to giggle, but isn't quite there. I think we will be hearing her laugh soon. Another good note, espeically for those of you who ever have to put her down for a nap, she is going down so much faster for naps and bedtime. When we used to hold her, she would cry for a good 2-3 minutes and then just stop. Now, she might cry for about 15-30 seconds, if that sometimes. It is awesome! She changes so quickly, but it is all part of growing up.


Here is our backyard visitor. Very random. We have never had a turkey out there before, but I am glad the fence was there because Matt said they can be really nasty. After Matt quietly went out to get some pictures, he let Mika out to chase it off. I think she enjoyed it.


Here is the wild hair. I gave her a bath yesterday and didn't comb her hair afterward. I actually did more damage by running my hand through it from front to back. Matt thinks it is awesome when her hair is crazy so I guess I did it for him. It will stay this way until she gets another bath.
Look Aunt Lauren, no bib! We took this picture just for you because of your last comment.




Isn't she getting so big?
I would like to point out the fat rolls on her arm. She is definitely getting chubbier, but still not a porker.

1 comment:

  1. I imagine that porker comment was directed at Kate. Love the new little outfits she's wearing! Feel better soon, Aunt Sarah & Rachel! We miss playing with you. We are praying for you.

    ReplyDelete