Pregnancy Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Rachel's ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Osh Kosh Baby

We had a good time in Orlando for about 5 hours. Got off to a late start, but still managed to get to an outlet mall. Katie and I went to the Carter's store first and I got her a fleece outfit for those colder days (still not here) and some adorable jeans. We then ventured to Old Navy where I must have tried on 8 things, but of course, nothing looked good. After that, I wanted to spend some money on someone who always looks good because fat rolls are cool. We went to the Osh Kosh B Gosh store and I only wanted one thing: a pair of girly overalls. She is too cute in overalls and I figured this store was the place to find some. You can't really see the design on them in the pictures, but it has some flowers on the bib part and then some more flowers and a bird on her right leg. I love the pink fleece at the bottom too. We went out to eat, which is getting more difficult as she wants to grab at everything and then left all the kids with some responsible students of Josiah. The best we could do without kids was go to the Babies R Us store and buy a few things and boxes of diapers (they were on sale). We are so lame. So lame in fact, that we got back to the hotel room by 9:00. We headed home because Matt was not able to get the next day off of work.
I gave my midterm at recently, so that means I only have about 5 weeks until winter break! I am also picking up another class in the spring semester, so I will be teaching on Tuesday/Thursday from 5:30 to 7:20 and then 7:30 to 9:20. I will also be teaching the next class up, but it works out because I will now have all planning done for both classes that I can teach.
Matt is still busy working on another house, but we are looking forward to the extra money. Rachel accompanies him to the house when she is under Dad's time.
I switched back to Lifestyles gym recently and am really trying to lose that baby weight. So, I have been working out and decided to try this Bootcamp class. I picked the one that starts at 5:15 in the morning. Crazy, yes I know, but Rachel is still sleeping and I don't have to deal with messing up her naps and bringing her to the gym. It really does take much longer to go anywhere with her. It was my first class today and we did an assessment: 1 mile run, push-ups, sit-ups, plank, wall sit, tons of shoulder work with dumbbells. I am going to feel it tomorrow. I liked it a lot and there is only a small group of women that go. I get out just in time to head home and kiss Matt goodbye before he leaves for work. Perfect! I will probably start taking a nap thos days. My next one is Thursday, so we will see what is to come. (Hopefully a skinnier me!)
Rachel isn't really doing much new. She babbles a lot and can say many consonant sounds. She also rolled from back to tummy, but when no one could see her. I had her sleeping on the pack n play pad on the floor at Lauren's. She was fussing on and off for awhile and I went in to get her and she was on her tummy and a little under the bed. She was right up against the leg to the bedframe, so she couldn't roll over. So, I know she can do it. She has also beed napping terribly lately. She wakes up at the first sleep transition and cries for awhile before going back to sleep. She does this for almost every nap. Ugh. I also finally found a food that she didn't like. I bought some apples and blueberries baby food and she took like two bites and wouldn't open up. I kept giving them to her at other meals and pretty much the same thing. To avoid wasting them, I mixed them with avocado and she stomached them. She likes applesauce, so maybe it was the blueberries.
I am tired from class this morning, so I am taking a nap, even if Rachel doesn't go back to sleep.


Trying to entice her to roll over with the camera.



She loves this little birdbath toy and enjoys hitting the two birds because they bounce.


75% of the family.


Rachel and I just before church. Headbands look so funny because her hair is crazy behind it. We took it off.

Her ballerina outfit wasn't much, but it was given to us, so it was free! It was a dress with a light, flowy skirt. Above the heart says Baby Ballerina.



Grandma Schaefer and the Baby Ballerina


The lion cousins in their cute little chairs at the Trunk or Treat.


I love this one!



This picture is slightly deceiving in that she cannot stand while just leaning up against something.



1 comment:

  1. What a cutie patootie! You are growing up so quickly, Rachel. Love you.

    ReplyDelete