Pregnancy Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Rachel's ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, July 6, 2009

Cute Stuff!

After my last post came one of the worst weeks I have had with Rachel. I cannot remember her in the first few weeks of life to compare, but it definitely hits close to the top. She was on my last nerve for about 4 days straight. In the posting, I said she was ready to be unswaddled. Well, I have come to the conclusion that is only the case at night. I think that is why all of her naps were awful for those days is because I stopped swaddling her and she wasn't ready. There were some other things it could have been but I really do think it was the swaddle. She would sleep for 1 out of her 4 naps, but still sleep 11 or 12 hours at night fine. She was crabby, falling asleep while nursing and just not fun to be around. However, the last few days, she has been just fine. I either swaddled her or we have been out and about. I went to the gym this morning (I think I am completely better), went with Lauren and the girls to eat lunch with my Mom, watched Hannah while Lauren and Kate tried to go to the doctor, and then we all went to the mall so I could get some new shoes for the gym. I had been working in the yard in my old ones and they were really dirty. (Bleach wouldn't help). I felt like a hobo walking into the YMCA in these dirty things. I decided to buy some that had a lot of gray in hopes that they would stay newer looking longer. I have also vowed to wear them to the gym, biking, and things where they will stay clean. Matt and I went on a bike ride last night to visit the house that his brother is building. That was fun! I have a job interview with Hillsborough Community College on Wednesday for a part-time math teacher. I really want to get it so I don't have to go back full time at the high school. Keep me in your prayers. Matt is working a lot, almost signed up for a class at UT and then decided he would rather have the overtime at work. So, he has been working his behind off to provide for our family. Thanks honey! His birthday is also on Thursday, but I don't know what we are doing yet. We usually have Bible study that night, so that is probably what we will do. We had a great 4th of July. I spent a lot of time at my parent's house this weekend (which I love) and our family, the Lantz's and some friends saw fireworks by the mall. It was a nice night except for a few bugs! Rachel slept through all of the fireworks except the finale, which woke her up. She was great for the evening though, just relaxing in her stroller. She did have a patriotic outfit that a friend from church got her on the missions trip to Kentucky. The onesie said "Red, white, and cute!" I have no pictures though. I am so bad about bringing my camera to things. Speaking of pictures, here are just a few:

Dad dressed her. Anyone know what is wrong?.....Snaps go in the back, but I thought it was funny.

I found Hannah in my pack-n-play creating artwork. The medium of choice: spit-up. Finger painting in spit-up. How fun!

A sideways picture, but none the less, cute!

1 comment:

  1. Love the picture of the onesie with the snaps in the front. George has done that a couple of times, too. Too funny though! My sweet innocent Hannah fingerpainting with spitup? Never! She was doing that on our tile floor today, too.

    ReplyDelete