Pregnancy Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Rachel's ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

It's Finals Week!

We haven't been doing anything too interesting in the past week. I got to visit a new baby! Some friends from church were induced on Thursday and had a beautiful baby boy named Tucker. I dropped Rachel off with Mike, Toby, and Nana (she came into town this past week and has become a snowbird) and got to the hospital as they were getting ready to leave. They were kind enough to hang out for a little bit and then of course the baby wanted to eat so I got more time. After having Rachel, I have a new appreciation and excitement for newborns! I also had dinner over with Mike, Toby, and Nana and enjoyed spending some time with them. On Saturday, Lauren, Rachel, and I went to a craft boutique at a friend's house that was to help support a missionary family. They had a lot of cute stuff, but my budget saved me from spending much money! I got some Christmas desserts to give to her Sunday school teachers. We then hung out with some friends from Sunday school and I fell asleep during the first 15 minutes of the movie we were watching. That reminded me of being pregnant. I always fell asleep around 7, no matter what I was doing. On Sunday, Matt had to work down in Bradenton for some event, so Rachel and I made it to church again by ourselves the second week in a row. Daddy or not, this family still goes to church each Sunday. Unfortunately, I didn't hear but 5 minutes of the sermon when I got paged because Rachel was inconsolable. Fortunately, I knew that she was just tired and was able to get her to sleep. We hung out at the Lantz's afterwards and I always enjoy that time with them. What a sweet family my sister has! Monday, we made a trip to Wal-mart. Today, I give me final at HCC. I am hoping to get it graded (it is scantron, but I can still give partial-credit) and get my final grades and everything turned in tonight so I don't have to come back up another day. I have really enjoyed my semester at HCC, but am defnintely looking forward to my month long break. I have a few things I really want to get accomplished while I don't have to worry about work. I have done a little bit of Christmas shopping and am going to wrap the first gift today. It is for my favorite nieces! I think they are going to love it. The weather turned a little chilly this week and I was thinking that Rachel doesn't have much cold weather stuff to wear. My friend Katie was telling me about this JcPenny coupon that she sometimes gets where you get $10 off a $10 purchase. What a great deal! I got one in the mail yesterday and was super excited that I could go get Rachel an outfit for a few dollars or potentially free. Lauren and I will be hitting the mall this week! Don't worry Matt, I only plan on buying that one outfit (unless there is some awesome clearance stuff). Here are some pictures of Rachel:



This girl loves her sippy cup.



Munching on some Cheerios. Too bad she doesn't know how to feed herself yet.




She loves this birdbath so much!




Story time before bed. She will tolerate being on her tummy, so I take the opportunity to read books to her.



One last thing: I have 10 pictures for you.



It is amazing what one month can do!










1 comment:

  1. Cute pictures! Of course, the pictures will always be cute when the person being photographed is so cute. Love you, Rachel.

    P.S. Since you don't do too much decorating of your house for Christmas, you should decorate your blog for Christmas. They have holiday backgrounds to pick from. Haha!

    ReplyDelete